At Hempel, our purpose is to shape a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions. As a central part of our new global strategy, we’re increasing our focus on how the use of innovative coatings can help our customers to reach their sustainability targets. We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manager with a commercial mindset for our global Protective segment.
Supporting our customers’ sustainability journey
Your role will be to link our solutions to sustainability challenges and opportunities facing our customers within the protective segments – Infrastructure, Energy and Performance OEM.
You will be responsible for:
- Mapping customers’ sustainability challenges
- Translating product data on environment, circularity and chemical safety measures into benefits for our customers
- Developing value propositions to support customers’ sustainability challenges
- Developing supporting tools for our sales teams to evaluate the impact of our sustainable solutions
- Engaging with customers, solving their sustainability challenges and helping them reaching their sustainability targets
- Defining and establishing best practise on measuring sustainability gains
- Supporting global and regional teams on how to integrate sustainability into our offers
- Being the commercial counterpart in various groups (internal as external) supporting our strategy
All of this in close collaboration with colleagues around the world; both regional, sustainability and marketing teams.
We are looking for someone with a passion for sustainability and proven record within similar industries
Our ideal candidate has a background in solving sustainability challenges in industries similar to our customers’. Furthermore we expect you to have:
- A university degree in business, engineering, sustainability or chemistry
- At least 5 years experience in working with sustainability
- Experience in integrating sustainability into a commercial business to create measurable value
- International experience, preferably from a global organisation
- Strong communication skills in English (written and oral) and the ability to communicate complex topics in engaging terms
- Ability to work both conceptually and hands-on
- Preferrable previous experience from coating and/or chemical industry, and knowledge about the industry’s sustainability agenda
Join us on our journey
You will be part of a larger segment group covering Protective Business where you will be referring to the Head of Infrastructure Business.
You are probably living in Europe and from there, you will be visiting our customers and regional colleagues.
Global career possibilities
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
Join a global company where the employees are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do. With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via our recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply for position’ at the top-right corner. Final deadline for applications is 28 February 2021 .
For further information about the job, please contact Head of Infrastructure Buiness, Monica Li Aviram on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+45 45 27 36 49)