Would you like to lead the sustainability strategy and efforts of one of the world’s leading medical device and diagnostics companies?
At Radiometer, we recently created a corporate sustainability agenda based on a comprehensive materiality assessment and aligned with the UN Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which we’ve been a signatory member of since 2010.
Our aim is to incorporate the sustainability agenda to become an integral part of how we think and operate globally, influencing the activation of our value proposition, employees and business partners. Therefore, we are looking for a new colleague to take up the role as Senior Director of Sustainability to lead our efforts and to be a champion of our sustainability agenda.
As the Senior Director of Sustainability, you will work with our team of +4,000 employees across the world and;
- Provide oversight and drive the implementation of our sustainability strategy covering the company’s full value chain, in respect of our sustainability agenda and in compliance with current rules and regulations.
- Play a hands-on role in managing and implementing a sustainability program, pursuing the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals (where applicable).
- Chair and develop a global network of Sustainability ambassadors embracing the entire range of business units and global organization.
- Lead the annual sustainability reporting process in compliance with the Danish reporting guidelines and the UN Global Compact and in close collaboration with Corporate Communications.
- Champion the company’s sustainability initiatives to internal and external stakeholders and engage on sustainability issues throughout all levels of the organization.
- Partner with the Corporate Communications team to promote transparency and strengthen our Sustainability communication and engagement towards key stakeholders in e.g. EHS (Environment, Health & Safety), Legal, Supply Chain and R&D.
Reporting to the Vice President Global Human Resources and Communication, you will join a team of highly engaged HR & Communications professionals – eager to learn from your expertise. You will lead the sustainability agenda in close partnership with our colleagues globally and build the collaboration needed to execute on the strategy and ultimately, to foster a company-wide culture of sustainability and circular thinking.
Key success factors
We imagine that you bring your broad experience and expertise within corporate sustainability, including experience in building a strong Sustainability platform for our business to execute on. The ability to create followership, impact key internal stakeholders and decision-makers will also be a key criterion for success. To succeed in this role, we expect you to bring the following knowledge base and prior experiences:
- Experience in developing and implementing a sustainability strategy in international companies and across global business operations.
- Experience in compliance w. article 99a and 99b of the Danish Financial Act as well as a sound understanding and use of the reporting in line with the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact.
- Broad and deep knowledge of the current sustainability landscape, ESG-related topics, climate actions, and the UN’s Global Compact & SDGs.
- Experience in orchestrating sustainability initiatives across functions and geographies.
- Experience in managing activities in an international setting.
- Prior experience of working cross-functionally in a geographically diverse culture and environment.
The ideal candidate
- A strong motivator and adept communicator (written and verbal).
- Brings a strategic mindset and a strong business understanding.
- Brings strong stakeholder management and critical thinking.
- Influential, result-oriented, and independent.
- Applies a pragmatic approach and is able to solve problems in a structured manner.
- Cares deeply about the environmental, social, and governance impacts of the company.
- Possesses the capability to synthesize and critically analyze data from multiple sources.
- Solid project planning and management skills with the ability to work on several initiatives, involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills. Professional proficiency in spoken and written English. A Masters’ degree, Cand Techn Soc or related scientific discipline and/or 7-10 years of experience managing sustainability programs including policy and program development, goal setting, reporting, and internal management systems.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.