JGH Group is a global procurement and trading company working with major organizations and governments, mainly within the sectors of Construction Materials, Electrification, Security Equipment, Machinery and Marine. With more than 60 years of trading experience, JGH is a respected player in the international trading arena, currently with offices in Denmark and Kenya.
The Marine division of JGH Group (JGH Marine) builds and delivers a wide range of vessels from small boats to midsize and larger vessels and ferries for use all over Africa and Latin America and other developing countries around the world.
Further information about JGH Group and JGH Marine can be found on webpage: https://jgh-group.com/
You will report to the Renewable Energy Team Leader and be responsible for your own projects to
the extend possible. We work with public tenders for solar PV projects in developing countries,
mainly in sub-saharian Africa. Our clients are development agencies funding renewable energy
projects around the world.
The typical tasks include:
- Analysis of technical tender documents
- System design of solar-focused projects i.e. solar pv, hybrid etc.
- Selection of equipment
- Preparation of Bills of Materials (BOM)
- Ensure compliance with standards
- Technical documentation: technical drawings, technical descriptions, manuals, checklists, …
- Complete electrical calculations such as but not limited to cable sizing / voltage drop etc.
- Dealing with technical queries from clients, users, installers and manufacturers
- Guiding installation teams (remotely and on site)
- Travel to site for system commissioning as needed
- Preparation of As-built drawings
- Training and maintenance plans
- Eventually manage your own projects, from bid submission to commissioning (turnkey)
- Proactive contribution to support supply chain management, procurement process and supplier verification.
The ideal candidate
- Engineering education, preferably within Electrical or Energy Engineering
- At least 2 years of work experience in the solar energy industry
- Technical mindset and business acumen
- Experience ensuring technical compliance with standards
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking a high level of accountability
- Well-organized and with strong attention to details. Experience in project management is a plus
- Capable of multi-tasking and to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel to remote sites, if needed
- Experience using AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- MS Office / Excel at an advanced level
- Experience in solar energy software is a plus (PVSyst, Helioscope, PVSol, …)
- Fluency in English is a must. Proficiency in other languages is a big plus (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese).
From the company HQ in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
Salary & Compensation
A permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits according to your expertise.
Send your CV and motivation letter by e-mail click on the button “Send ansøgning / Send application”.
For more info, check out our career site https://jgh.ofir.com
Antal ledige stillinger: