Lead to drive sustainability agenda at NKT
Are you an experienced sustainability professional who is ready to take ownership of and drive the green agenda in an international company? Do you thrive having an impact and working in a dynamic and informal environment where you get the opportunity to build our sustainability agenda in the coming years?
Then you could be the one we are looking for!
At NKT, our purpose is to bring power to life. Power is at the foundation of all things we take for granted in a modern civilization. NKT plays an important role in supplying power cables for transportation of energy which makes us a significant partner in the green transformation of society towards providing sustainable energy supplies. At NKT, we look to further integrate CSR and sustainability in our daily work, in the power cables and solutions that we produce and in the way we interact with society and stakeholders. We are ready to accelerate our efforts and work on this area, and we are looking for a colleague who thrives being both a pioneer and an anchor point for our future sustainability journey.
What we offer
We are looking for an experienced professional to build, drive and coordinate our sustainability efforts to ensure a global approach, and to further anchor sustainability with our business processes, strategy and brand.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Define, roll-out and anchor the NKT Sustainability strategy, in full alignment with the overall business strategy
- Initiate, drive and coordinate sustainability initiatives in close co-operation with management, local HSE/Quality functions, plant managers and Procurement to ensure a global approach and alignment in all Business Lines
- Further integrate our work with global CSR standards, such as UN Global Compact, GRI, science based targets, SDGs, ESG requirements
- Expand our Annual Sustainability reporting in close co-operation with the Lead, External Communications and Head of IR
- Establish and manage data collection, reporting and calculations in alignment with external ESG rating agencies’ requirements
- Be an active part of the NKT CSR Council
- Actively support further anchoring of NKTs sustainability profile in the NKT brand and positioning in close co-operation with the Lead, External Communications as well as Group and Business Line Marketing
- Assist on e.g. customer audits
The colleague we are looking for
To be the candidate we are looking for, your professional qualifications include:
- A Master’s degree within Social Science or Engineering or equivalent qualifications
- At least 5+ years of experience with building and driving a corporate sustainability effort and profile preferably from international companies with production sites
- Experience and profound interest in working both strategically and hands-on with sustainability
- Strong analytical skills and data management experience
- Solid project management experience and ability to build strong relations with key stakeholders
- Experience from working in an environment with many stakeholders and approaches
- Good communication and interpersonal skills regardless of the level you operate at in the organization
- English: Fluent in both writing and speech
- Knowledge of Danish, Swedish and/or German would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Visio or similar
As a person you have solid business acumen, you are curious, committed and energetic, with a solid touch of entrepreneurship to drive the sustainability agenda in an organization with many stakeholders. At the same you need to thrive in a fast-paced and changing working environment. You work structured and have an eye for the details, while being pro-active and driving projects delivering high-quality results. You are a team-player and know the benefit of a well-kept network and should at the same time be comfortable working independently. Finally, you have a good eye for cultivating stories and brand value.
You will be part of our Group Communications and Marketing team of eight people and report to our VP, Head of Group Communications and Marketing. You will also work closely with colleagues in management, HSE, Quality, at our plants etc. You will be located in our headquarter in Broendby, Denmark and must be available for frequent travel to our plants in Northern and Central Europe.
Deadline for application: March 6th, 2020.
Please note that we will review applications continuously and will close the vacancy as soon as we have the right candidate. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as you can.
NKT has pioneered the cable industry since 1891, and today we are still proactively meeting the world’s constantly growing need for power. We achieve this with our unparalleled energy transportation expertise and cost-effective manufacturing at the highest technological level, and with the regeneration of the environment in sharp focus. We have a ‘glocal’ mindset rooted in trusted partnerships, and we firmly believe that by working together we can shape the future and use our passion to bring power to life.
NKT is a global and recognized provider of turnkey AC/DC power cable solutions with headquarter in Denmark. We employ approximately 3,400 people and realized a 2018 revenue of EUR 1.4 billion. NKT is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. www.nkt.com