We are committed to better energy
– and we need your help to engage our stakeholders, manage media relations and tell our story in Denmark
Are you interested in working in an international industry of opportunity that contributes to a responsible energy future and tackling climate change with low carbon solutions? As the fourth largest energy player worldwide and the leading oil and gas company in Denmark through pursuit of safety and operational excellence, these ambitions drive our commitments and actions. Our current colleague is moving on internally to a new position, and we are now looking for an energetic and high-caliber external communication professional.
Total is the largest oil and gas operator in Denmark. Our vision is clear both when it comes to generating energy security, jobs and state revenue from our North Sea production, as well as reducing our environmental and climate impact in support of the energy transition.
Your key tasks and responsibilities
As External Communications and CSR Partner you have an important role in driving the reputation of our Danish North Sea business, and you will be responsible for delivering and executing communication and stakeholder engagement plans in close collaboration with a wide range of internal stakeholders. You are equally used to and comfortable advising leaders strategically and rolling up your sleeves to deliver written products such as messaging documents, presentations, briefing packs and speeches.
Your starting point is always understanding the stakeholder environment and reputational impacts, and your nature is to integrate internal and external aspects in any plan. We do not expect that you master all aspects of the role equally well, but that you are eager to develop in the areas where you are less experienced.
In this role you will:
- Plan, shape and deliver external communications deliverables including activity plans, briefing materials, speaks, holding statements and presentations to a high standard.
- Project lead and support media engagements – both proactive / reactive.
- Lead the Danish crisis communications set-up according to Total Group protocol.
- Support our CSR efforts and activities in Denmark including our corporate volunteering program and reporting.
- Manage our external representation including corporate profile materials and web channels.
- Support our societal impact set-up, including project management, development and execution of communication plans.
You will report to the Head of External Communications & CSR and be part of our Communications & CSR Team in Denmark operating across our Copenhagen and Esbjerg sites. The role can either be based in Esbjerg or in Copenhagen, but you should expect weekly working days in Esbjerg. In the role, you will also expand your networks and collaborate with Regional and Corporate Communications in our headquarters in Paris.
Key qualifications and requirements:
We are looking for a team player who easily connects with our organization, and who understands how to balance business needs with reputational considerations. Our ideal candidate likes to work in a dynamic environment, is flexible, structured, self-driven and enjoys challenges.
From a competence perspective, you:
- Bring at least 4 years’ of experience from an external communications role working with media relations, reputation management and/or crisis preparedness.
- Are a sharp communicator with excellent writing skills in Danish and are fluent in English.
- Can develop compelling stories and external engagement strategies and execute those accordingly.
- Can document a track record of managing communications planning within a complex stakeholder landscape.
- Have some experience with media handling and journalist interactions.
- Bring some knowledge of CSR and the effective management of CSR programmes.
On the personal side you:
- Take ownership and persistently follow-through.
- Are an effective planner with good analytical skills.
- Interact professionally and pro-actively with all types of stakeholders and have the ability to develop and maintain effective networks.
- Work independently and efficiently with a high degree of personal and professional accountability and integrity.
- Contribute to a successful team both professionally and personally.
- Are flexible as work outside normal business hours are required during peak periods, and you should expect crisis/press-rota duty.
It will be an advantage, if you have experience from the energy and/or oil and gas sector, and if you have worked in an international organization with multiple stakeholders.
Would you like to help shape better energy?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 5 Marts 2020, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. For more information on the recruitment process please contact Recruitment Partner, Christian Pathuel on +45 2374 6056. You are also welcome to contact Head of External Communications & CSR, Line Bruun on +45 2128 5789, if you want to know more about the role.
Better energy needs you
Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more. With 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high standards of safety and environmental performance, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of our global team whose mission is already shared by thousands of employees: making energy better each and every day.
About Total Exploration & Production in Denmark
Total is the largest oil and gas operator in Denmark. The country boasts a proud oil and gas industry that extends back more than half a century. Today Denmark’s upstream industry is gearing up for a new chapter with the Total-led redevelopment of the Tyra field and its associated gas infrastructure which will support energy security and the energy transition in Denmark and Europe.
Total’s presence in Denmark was cemented with the acquisition of Maersk Oil and takeover of the
operatorship of the Danish Underground Consortium (DUC). This consortium is responsible for 85% of the oil and 97% of the gas production in Denmark, making an important contribution to Denmark’s economy, energy supply and employment.
Total is a major energy player that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.